Favorite Finds Friday

My favorite find of the week, which has now found a home in our master bedroom:


Painted in Annie Sloane chalk paint & distressed, this dresser is a beauty!
(keep posted to see it's reveal in our master!)

Another project that has been keeping me busy in the garage is this
old headboard that I found awhile back for only $20!


It is now sanded and has a fresh coat of paint...


It just needs a few more coats and some distressing,
then it will also be making it's debut in our master bedroom reveal as well.

For all of you that don't already know, Mr. C & I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary on the 29th. We will be enjoying a nice long weekend 'away' at a hotel in San Diego, but before we leave, I wanted to surprise my Husband with a very special gift that I have been working hard on...

The back story is: "I cross my heart" by George Strait was always a very special song to my Husband and myself while we were dating & ended up being our wedding song. If you have never heard the lyrics, they are so touching and true to the heart. Being that my Husband used to sing this song to me while we were just driving around in his truck, it holds so many fond memories.
I wanted to give him something that incorporated his favorite verse
"You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete"
What I came up with was this...


A beautiful and very LARGE hand painted sign which we can hang in our home and look at for years to come. He was so happy when I showed him it for the first time! (and I was relieved!)
You never know how men will react to 'another' craft project for the house!
But to my surprise, he was really taken back and tells me all the time how much he loves that when you walk through the front door it's the first thing that you see in our living room :)


Wishing everyone a very happy Friday!
& don't forget to follow me on Instagram@jenniferciani

2 comments so far

  1. I love all of your projects! That headboard is a great find! And happy anniversary to you two! That sign is so beautiful especially with such special meaning! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lettering on the sign you made!!! How did you do it? I have seen many signs which have been made using a Silhouette machine to cut out the letters, but I do not own one of those babies! Yours looks great and I would love to know your secret.

    ReplyDelete

Simply Ciani © . Design by The Creative Rise.